[off]macbook model

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 1 11:37:34 EDT 2017

who, cook?  I know.  I was screaming about it when Jobs was still alive,
and all he's done is prove me right.
Yes on SSD's - we don't order anything without them.  They make such a
gigantic difference in a machine's lifespan, and seem to improve
performance much more than a stronger processor or memory.  This 2011 MBA
is a perfect example of that, but that's also why I'm sort-of ambivalent
about replacing it.  Most of the work I do developing is editing code, not
doing layouts (which is part of the reason why Levure is so interesting
- layouts tend to be fairly static, at least compared to code).
The question on screen real estate was more to do with retina vs non.  If a
13" MBP with a retina screen doesn't give me a lot of extra working room
vs. a 13" MBA then that is less attractive.  I think I've ruled out the MB
because it only comes with a 12" screen, which I'm betting won't help me
UNLESS I also get a 13" ipad pro and use airDisplay to use it as a second,
portable monitor.
I'm one of those "gaming is for consoles" people, so I don't game on my
computers.

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <