Need help with version number definitions with appStores

Pyyhtiä Christer christer at mindcrea.com
Fri Oct 27 12:00:59 EDT 2017

Just about to re-release my app getDealDone, first with GooglePlay;

-  there are two version definitions in the Standalone Application Settings / Android;

-	-	which one is the one Android / Google Play requires to be bump ed up with every upload, including the direct development system to device installations?

-	-	iOS setup only shows one version number

How should one interprete these?

What would be a common acceptable way of doing the version numbering (in both cases)? The bloody fact is, with On-rev server and devices, LiveCode may be the only available solution I can kick off apps for all these with a single package of source code.

Can I find somewhere a good document helping in these best practices, for all mobiles, Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux?

Look forward to good advices

Christer Pyyhtiä
christer at mindcrea.com