Autosaving stacks corrupted on network drives

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 25 14:12:34 EDT 2017

There may be a way to shell the permissions, but it would require sudo on a Mac and UAC on Windows. There is a locked flag in both OS I believe... but you would then have to script saves. An alternative way to semaphore this process is to have a text file that you increment a number for anytime changes are saved, then check to see if the prior number matches the current number and act accordingly.

But all this really lends itself to the adoption of Trevor's Levure Framework, doesn't it? If the only changes being made are script changes, then set the permission of the UI stack so that only one person or a group of persons can open it for editing, and leave the script only behaviors editable by all.

Someone can still overwrite someone elses changes though. I was at a SoCal users group some time back, and one of the attendees showed off a very nice commercial app, and they created their own system where files were checked out, including UI files. Otherwise GIT can be used to control access and versioning.

Bob S