Save file dialogs...

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 23 16:01:25 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM Brian Milby via use-livecode <

> One option would be to leave the extension off when initially presented to
> the user. Then add the correct extension before saving if the user did not
> manually add one. It is probably a little more complicated than that
> though... unless the user has their OS set to display extensions, they may
> not be presented with them normally. I’m not sure if that is detectable
> from within LC though.

One thing to be aware of with this approach is that it won’t work if your
app is sandboxed (apps distributed through the Mac App Store are
sandboxed). When sandboxed you can only write to a file path that the user
explicitly specifies. You will get an error if you try to change the path
that the user specified in the save as dialog.

Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps