Atkinson dither algorithm

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:13:49 EDT 2017

Hermann, your script version won the
LiveCode Script speed contest! :-)

I feel humbled and grateful that many of you
have taken time to look at this. Although an
image dithering algorithm seems trivial an
barely useful, the fact is that in this thread,
we have pushed Livecode script almost to
it's speed limits.

After we reach Livecode scripts natural limits,
the next step is
1) creating a command line application, or
2) building an external, or (like Hermann demonstrated)
3) using Javascript within the browser widget or
4) the next frontier: Livecode widgets.

This platform does not lack options to get the job
done. It just require time and expertise to select
the best options for each phase of a particular project.

Later today, after I finished testing an application in
different computers, will update the forum final's
stack version with Alex and Hermann scripts.

Thanks a lot again! :-D

Al