use-livecode Digest, Vol 169, Issue 18

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 12:38:13 EDT 2017

I agree that the redundant indexing is an expensive approach, however I have found that this abnormal structure of a repeat for each loop can be a lot faster than the other loop forms in some circumstances.

I can't find the reference that first highlighted to me the lack of guaranteed sequence of chunks, but I've assumed this was a restriction for some time. It would be great if this is incorrect as I've got some heavyweight looping in several of my apps that would benefit from this!

Can anyone from LiveCode give a definitive answer to this please?

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Loughborough, UK