Autocompletion of quotes on LC 8.2,0 DP-1

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Wed Oct 11 21:35:30 EDT 2017

> On 12 Oct 2017, at 12:29 pm, William Prothero via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I find that, for the autocompletion of quotes in the new editor, that I’m deleting them as often as I use them. It’s nice to see the text red when quotes are not completed, but ….. I can live with it, but for me, it’s not an improvement.

I think this is one of those things that we have grown so used to not having it in LC that we automatically type it. Spend some time on other editors and you miss it in LC. Anyway, choose Edit > Options > Bracket Completion from the SE menubar to turn it off.

> Other than that, I like it a lot and haven’t found any new bugs yet. EXCEPT for the script editor window moving up the screen every time it’s opened. I have a small handler to reposition it, but ….. I figure that since the project browser doesn’t behave that way, it ought to be easy to just use the positioning code that it uses, for the editor window.

I haven’t noticed this myself but dod spend some time trying to replicate it. A few people have complained about it. Has it been reported? My suspicion if it is just a Mac issue would be the menubar height is somehow not being taken into account.

Cheers

Monte