[ANN] Release 8.2.0 DP-2

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Oct 11 14:31:55 EDT 2017

LC 8.2.0-dp2 has nice new features but this one doesn't work.

> Panos wrote:
> Moreover, in LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-2 Dictionary, all the extension docs are
> incorporated in the main LiveCode Script dictionary. This improves
> searchability, as well as preventing the library list getting too large.

When installing new extensions then LC 8.2.0-dp2 hangs while it is trying
to "add API to the documentation".

So one ends up having no extension.
(Yes I also tried after deleting the documentation cache.)

Reported #20557.

Work-around: Install the extension with 8.1.6/8.1.7.
Then one ends up in LC 8.2.0-dp2 without dictionary entries of the extension.

Work-around: Use TinyDict.

In sum: LC 8.2.0-dp2 works fine when installing extensions with LC 8.1.6/8.1.7
and using TinyDict.