not really OT: The Coming Software Apocalypse

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 3 16:34:03 EDT 2017

Yes, it very much supports your point.

What tickled me about it was his attempt to quantify the challenge of
keeping a large-scale conspiracy under wraps.

Personally, I wouldn't have chosen the Snowden story as the baseline;
too much still unknown and relatively little corroborated.  Iran-Contra
seems a better case, given the wealth of documentation complete enough
to have led to multiple convictions.

Bringing this back OT. maybe there's an app that needs to be made:

Enter the date the conspiracy is said to have taken place, an estimate
of the maximum number of people likely to know about it, and then it
would crunch the numbers to estimate the likelihood that the described
event actually managed to remain a secret all this time.

:)

--
  Richard Gaskin

https://phys.org/news/2016-01-equation-large-scale-conspiracies-quickly-reveal.html