OMG WTF detailed files BST?

Local (BenR) benr at cogapp.com
Fri Mar 31 13:23:30 EDT 2017

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, very helpful.

Unfortunately I don't know what the filesystem of the volume with the files is
- this is a client's network, and they set up a VM in the DMZ for me to work
on, with this network share mounted - but I've no idea what the fileserver is.

The thing that puzzles me is why the Windows Explorer is reporting the mod
date of these files correctly, while LC isn't.

However, I've now restarted the VM - no change to how Windows Explorer reports
the dates; and then told it not to adjust for daylight saving time and
restarted it again: the clock on the machine went back by an hour, but the
time reported by Windows for the files on the network share didn't change.

I'll see what happens when the job runs overnight, whether one or both these
things fixes the timestamps that LC gets...

Ben