shell("netstat -i") has getting slow on MacOS10.x

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 11:42:36 EDT 2017

I don't have a mac available at the moment, but can't you use ifconfig for
this?  Most likely with no arguments then parse the results.

If the results are similar to linux (never a safe bet, but worth a check)
 there will be a line with something like HWaddr and then the mac address.

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <