shell("netstat -i") has getting slow on MacOS10.x

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Mar 30 07:57:37 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am not sure where to start searching and I am not good under the hood of
Macs.

I am retrieving MAC addresses:

put "netstat -I" into myShell

put shell(myShell) into tRes

In former times that has taken "a few" seconds, now it takes around 20
seconds. First I tested, if it was a slowdown of LC 8/9, but in LC 6.7.10 it
is almost the same 20 secs. I am not sure, when the decrease actually
happened, but if it is not LC then it must be an issue of one of the latest
MacOSs.

Has anybody any idea, if I can optimize anything in the performance of this
shell request? Could it be any permission issue in the new OS? Anything I
could workaround, or do I have to take this shell call as it is?

Thanks for any ideas

Tiemo