Set Layer bug?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 28 18:35:20 EDT 2017

Have you tried the relayer command? It has a number of useful options.

Terry...

On 29/03/2017 9:28 am, "use-livecode on behalf of Dan Friedman via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Is this a bug or am I losing my mind?   Can anyone confirm?

    Using LC 9.0.0 DP-6, set the layer of any object to anything and it always get’s set to the topmost layer.  To repeat, put three buttons on a card: “button1”, “button2” and “button3”.  The, put this in the stack script:

    on mouseUp
      set the layer of the target to 2
      set the label of btn "button1" to the layer of btn "button1"
      set the label of btn "button2" to the layer of btn "button2"
      set the label of btn "button3" to the layer of btn "button3"
    end mouseUp

    You’ll see that any button you click, always get’s set to layer 3, even though you’ve set it to 2.

    Thank you!
    -Dan