AW: where does the standalonebuilder saves the substacks in an Mac OS App?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Mar 27 12:45:33 EDT 2017

Hello,
"Apple requires" - Is this only a "best practise" guideline or what will happen if you don't care? I have an old application just migrated to LC 8, where I am running an independent stack file in that old dir("Contents/MacOS"), and it is running fine on MacOS 10.12.3
Is there any Apple link about that or are there any informations, into which issue you can run, if you put files into the old dir? If you integrate Valentina, they also keep one file in that directory.
Thanks for any info
Tiemo

On 3/14/17 6:58 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> is it correct when the standalone settings of an stack are set to move
> substacks into individual stack files that under Mac OS X the
> substacks in an compiled app (e.g. test.app) are stored
>
> in 'test.app/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/‘ instead of being stored in
> 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/'

Yes, Apple required that change a while ago.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com