Line numbers for soft-wrapped styled text?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Mar 25 21:25:49 EDT 2017

On 03/25/2017 04:00 PM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
> Never done it, but I had a quick play ....

Hmmm... nice approach. And clever use of spacebelow.

> If you have a way of determining which line(s) are being changed, then
> you could run this only from that line onward  to save some time ....

No, I don't think that would work. First of all, you'd need to keep
track of how many lines before the changed line were already wrapped, so
that you could know what line number to start with. So you'd have to
have already predetermined the relationships of the line starts to the
line numbers and either stored that somewhere and keep updating the
list; or work out the line starts each time.

Secondly, you'll need to trap some events in a frontscript and handle
things like inserting and deleting text, resizing the field/card, etc.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com