[ANN] tinyDictionary

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Mar 22 15:46:36 EDT 2017

> On 03/22/2017 07:37 AM, BNig via use-livecode wrote:
>> I uploaded a compact version of the dictionaries for LC 8.1 and up to
>> Livecodeshare
>
> Very nice. Thanks. Works well for me on linux.
> What means "unable to create preferences folder"?
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder

Hi Mark,

tinyDictionary tries on preopenCard -> loadPreferences to find via
 put specialFolderPath("support") into tFolderSupport
an "application support" folder and there a "LcTinyDict" folder where it
tries to create a txt file "tinyPrefs.txt"

This is in the card script.

If it can not create the folder then the alert appears. I don't know
anything about Linux and where that folder might be. Or may be it is a
permission thing?

TinyDict saves on "closeCard" to the preference file the current state to be
able to restore the state on next start. It does not save itself, hence the
prefs file.

Kind regards
Bernd