WEIRD: code changes the code instead of a field

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Mar 21 06:49:01 EDT 2017

Hello,

LC 9.0, dp4, Win10: Fiddling around creating a password field I am
encountering a very weird phenomenon. Stepping thru my code with the
debugger my code modifies my code instead of a field. Recipie:

-          Create a new stack

-          Create a new field

-          Put the code into the field:

on keyDown pKey

put numToChar(42) into the selectedChunk -- numToChar(42): "*"

end keyDown

-          Apply the code

-          Set a breakpoint (red dot) at the only statement

-          Switch to browse tool and enter one character into the field

-          Use the "step into" for executing the code

-          See what happened to your code?

-          The complete line of code is replaced by an asterisk! Funny huh?

Any comments?

Tiemo