Widget usage examples

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Sun Mar 19 16:40:36 EDT 2017

Today I started a new collection, hope some of you come in with "LC-specials".

This demo shall show that you need nothing more than a browser widget and a
set of image files located locally (e.g. in tmp-folder from stack resources)
or from a server in order to have a HQ Ken-Burns-effect show -- just try.

The stack is essentially a GUI to an effect implemented by John at Toymakerlabs
(http://www.github.com/toymakerlabs/kenburns/).
After your parameter settings are done, the stack creates a _self-contained_
htmlText-copy for you, you don't need to collect several files. Just copy,
(use a button) drag a browser widget to your stack, name it "KenBurns",
paste to a field named "HTML" and set the htmlText of widget "KenBurns" to
field "HTML" to have your own show. See the stack and a description here:

Widget usage example #1: Ken-Burns-Effect
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=152547#p152547

Using LC 8.1.3/9.0.0-dp6 the stack runs (tested) smoothly a 960x540-show on
Mac 10.12 and Win 7/10. On Linux (Mint 181c) I got sadly soon the well-known
"linux-something-dialogs". I hope that somebody has on linux more success
and/or can help me to work around this bug of the browser widget.