Linux 32bit?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 05:18:51 EDT 2017

This just echos what LiveCode have been doing for a long, long time, and
I get
slammed every time I mention it:

They talk "the talk" about FOSS, 'Community' and so on, and listen
when it suits them, but don't when it doesn't.

They show every sign of pushing LiveCode in a direction which wll
exclude a large part of their installed
base as well as make things far, far more difficult to use it as a
teaching/learning tool, and far less likely
to be taken up by 'coders' rather than 'programmers'.

The website is set up like a trap:

1. One can find the "Community" link if one scrolls way down the landing
page (cunningly placed
so it won't appear on any one's screen unless they have a monitor the
size of a double bed) and knows
what one is looking for.

2. The download the "Community" version of LiveCode (or any other
versions for that matter that one may want) is now made almost
impossible without submitting personal details.

Furthermore to this; having just set out to try to build Android
standalones I have found that their "guide" (for Linux at least) is
incorrect as one of the links is dead and the other one is outdated.

Richmond.