Linux 32bit?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 16:46:44 EDT 2017

On 17.03.2017 22:31, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 03/17/2017 01:24 PM, Phil Thane via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just downloaded the open source version for Linux, but it comes as
>> x64 only.
>> For some reason I've never figured my old PC doesn't like 64bit
>> distros, the
>> graphics driver just doesn't work and after much messing I decided it
>> was
>> easier to stick with a 32 bit distro. Any advice, short of upgrading my
>> hardware?
>
> I see both 64- and 32-bit versions on the download page. Are you
> saying that the 32-bit link actually downloads a 64-bit binary?
>
> ...but yes, upgrading the old hardware would be good.

Why?

I'm running a dual core, 64-bit machine (DELL Optiplex 745) that's about
10 years old
and chugging along superbly.

I also deploy in my school 32-bit machines (HP) of the same age without
any obvious problems.

All current versions of LiveCode work superbly on all of the machines.

The obsession with continual upgrading is . . . .

Richmond.