Download LC Community: trapped.

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Mar 9 21:22:12 EST 2017

On 3/9/2017 6:18 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Growing the platform's audience.

You make a good point here.

I wish i knew whether the open Source effort significantly grew the
userbase over whatever trend it was on before the OSS effort and whether
the actual number of paying customers shrunk (in real numbers, not a
percentage), or remained on a constant trend, or grew after the OSS release?

If 75% of downloads are Community and 25% paid (approximate figures
LiveCode has stated in the last year) but real numbers for both have
increased since the OSS launch, that would paint a more favorable picture.

In a way, my musings are a moot point. I have confidence in Kevin and
LiveCode, Ltd to keep the company viable and moving forward so time will
work all these questions out.