"ouch: the beginning of the end"

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Mar 8 08:51:55 EST 2017

So... Why not convert the forms to high-res (300+ dpi) PNG or JPEG as Mark
suggests as one of the many options, and overlay LiveCode fields to create
an app for filling the form?  Once filled in, merge the high-res image with
the collected field data into a fresh new PDF generated via the Quartum PDF
Library (using 100% LiveCode scripting).

http://users.telenet.be/quartam/pdf4rev/benefits.html

~Roger

//SUMMARIZED//

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <

> Hi Dr Hawkins,
>
> I've been away on holiday for just over a week, and this thread has got
> quite long, so I thought it easier to answer the original post rather
> than some off shoot on it.
>
> ----
>
> So what options are there?
>
> - Option 1 - bi-level background images
>
> - Option 2 - augment the original PDF
>
> - Option 3 - wait until LiveCode can render PDFs directly as an object on
> a card
>
> - Option 4 - focus on Mac/iOS and do other platforms later
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/