revZip functions, compressing and extracting folder for transfer

Matt Maier blueback09 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 12:25:03 EST 2017

Is there an overview or tutorial on how to use the revZip functions?

Do I have to use each individual function to manually describe the process
of creating and using a zip archive?

Like, to create the archive, do I have to write my own code to open it,
repeat for each file and/or each folder, find and specify the name and
contents and format of each file, then close it, then remember to delete it
later...or is there a command somewhere that just takes a folder and
returns a zipped version of that folder?

The same question for extracting an archive. Do I have to open it,
enumerate the files, repeat for each file and/or folder, figure out that
file's name, contents, and format, copy the file to an appropriate new
file, then close it, then remember to delete it later...or is there a
command that just takes a *.zip and returns an extracted folder?

I already spent a couple hours trying various combinations of quotes around
the parameters to add something to an archive before I figured out put the
data into the URL as a binfile manually. Then this morning I ran across a
different revZip function to add a file directly, instead of raw data,
which I guess is what I was doing. So it would be nice to find out that
there's already a function that does all of the obvious zip archive stuff
automatically and correctly.