Google Static Maps Problem

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 10:10:10 EDT 2017

Jonathan:
Here is a link to my test stack and some files I found that have various code to find the corners of the downloaded map.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xle2hrltx9ll0d/googleMapsAPiTests.zip?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xle2hrltx9ll0d/googleMapsAPiTests.zip?dl=0>
My start on a conversion is in the script of the “Get Corners” button. I can get an xml file from the regular maps api, but the “bounds” property doesn’t change with zoom, which makes it not obvious how to convert that to what is being displayed, to get the corners. I have no problem converting pixels to mercator lat/lon, but until I can figure out the relationship between pixels and zoom levels, I’m stuck.

Thanks for any help. I know your augmented Earth application uses these maps too, and I’m also willing to share code when I get this working.

Bill P