Sharp as a pound (was Array assignment...)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jun 29 12:45:40 EDT 2017

Point taken. When communicating, we never really listen to what is being said, but rather to what is likely meant. This can cause confusion sometimes, but the obvious advantage is that we get on with minimal fuss. Computer languages don't tolerate such things, unless you program them to. Hence the concept of synonyms.

So long as we all generally agree that "#" can be called "pound, Hash or Sharp" (not so sure I agree with the last one btw) then we can talk about it. So far as the computer is concerned, it's ascii(035) and even that is a synonym for 00100010.

Bob S