synonyms

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jun 29 12:19:22 EDT 2017

On 06/28/2017 08:55 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

>  > Even better.
>  >
>  > You solution illustrate more so than mine how easy it is to make
>  > handler and functions that use name/value pairs if someone prefers
>  > that model. The xtalk language really doesn't need any extensions
>  > or enhancements to enable this.

I think if the loophole of allowing space-separated parameters were
fixed then the following syntax might work, thus allowing the engine's
parser to differentiate between named parameters and otherwise (the
following would be four parameters, two of them named):

DoSomething name: "my chart", "This is a chart", width: 100, pArray

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com