Table Fields "and all"

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jun 29 11:53:50 EDT 2017

First of all, tell me the bits of information are delimited by tabs or commas, otherwise I am going to go back and ask the source of that information to please provide it to me in a form I can use. If the only delimiter is spaces, and one of the bits of information has several words, then that is not a format anyone can write a program to deal with unless they already know that there are only 2 single word fields prior to the address, and only 3 single word fields after. If however there is a such thing as cities with more than one word, or someone decides to include a middle name, or someone's last name has more than one word, you are screwed.

So this is not a good "example" to demonstrate anything except that there is a reason why delimited text is delimited in the first place. In fact, the whole reason you are trying to get this into a table field/object is so that the data can be managed in an orderly fashion.

I understand that you don't want to dig through all the tools in your toolbox to get to the hammer, when that pipe wrench is sitting right on the top, but honestly, you are trying to hammer in a nail. Use the hammer! :-)

Bob S