How to get the number of lines of a fld referenced by long ID in a variable.

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Thu Jun 29 05:59:09 EDT 2017

> BR wrote:
> but  to be able to address the properties of the object referred
> to by a variable containing the long ID of an object/
> How do we do that?

I think the "rule" is [assume objID is the long id of an object]

get|set <property> of objID --- works for *properties* of the object

the number of lines is not a property, so you have to use a property
in order to get|set such things, for example

the number of lines of ...

... the text of objID  --  used in Mike's example
... field the short name of objID
... field id the short id of objId

I use the following to have a list of properties (with their current
values) I can get|set from objID:

  put the properties of objID into pp
  combine pp by cr and comma
  put pp