Momentum Scrolling Script

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 28 15:00:49 EDT 2017

Hi Jonathan:

Just doing some simple tests, your script is great.  Thanks for sharing it on the list.

Two minor improvements I would suggest:

1) After the mouseUp handler, add a mouseRelease handler to trigger deceleration/stop when the mouse is released outside of the target control.

on mouseRelease
   mouseUp
end mouseRelease

2) In the mouseMove handler, use the built-in parameters provided by the handler instead of reading the mouseV. Probably not a huge deal in the scheme of things, but might add a tiny bit more efficiency to the script.

on mouseMove X,Y
  if allowDrag <> empty then
     set the vScroll of me to (allowDrag-Y)
  end if