synonyms

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jun 27 17:36:28 EDT 2017

On 27/06/2017 19:19, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> I don't know when OL will be available or how it'll work.  I only know
> one thing it won't support, based on an earlier conversation with Mark
> Waddingham:  R-style arguments (similar in many respects to CSS values).
>
> In R, things like the plot command have reasonably-useful defaults, so
> that you can just pass in data with nothing else and get a useful result.
That's a great shame. Named parameters is one of my favourite features
in Python too, so I was hoping we'd see it in LC.

<tongue in cheek>
Do you think there's any hope that Mark's objection is to the use of the
'=' sign - as in,

   plot(cars, type="o", col="blue", ylim=c(0,12))

Maybe he'd let us have

   plot (cars, type is "o", col is 'blue', etc.)

:-)

-- Alex.