synonyms

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 07:01:41 EDT 2017

There is a very simple way of doing this (simple for me - because I don't
have to do it)

We are still awaiting the open language that was promised.

Now I don't know exactly how that will work in the sense is it going to be
all or nothing - a free for all where you can add/change  syntax more like
a souped up preprocessor, or allow for change to a different language
(python, Ruby, php on a per procedure/function basis or the easier first
 step a script only stack in the language of your choice.

Everyone can have their cake and eat it.

This was done by Jensen and partner (Ex Borland->JPI -> Topspeed -Clarion)
with there Modula 2 and C, C++, Pascal  compilers where they shared the
backend of the compiler

With the refactoring I am sure this could be done with LIvecode because
what  the greatest problem with all the other system is they have no GOOD
unified easy to use GUI.

I don't care what anybody says but QT is not cute in any language.

If nothing else I am sure a crowdfund to all the PHP / python people
educators looking for a brilliant Drag and Drop GUI would find an audience
- and we would finally get our Open Language

I hope Mark does a "Mark" now  ;-)

Kindest Regards Lagi

On 26 June 2017 at 21:59, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <