Determining left or right movement in a mouseMove handler

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 06:54:04 EDT 2017

You do need to track the last location... here is a stack that does what
you want.  (script could be better i'm sure, but its a starting point..  )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6du5nmz5diiv0f/movedir.livecode?dl=0

Basically I put 4 square graphics on screen, top, bottom, right, and left
position.

Then used the following script..

local smX,smY

on mousemove x,y
--####If the mouse hasn't moved yet, do the initial fill of the 2 script
local variables smX and smY
if smx is empty then put x into smx
if smy is empty then put y into smy

-- Compare the last x position to the current x position and color grc
accordingly
if smx > x then
set the backcolor of grc "ltG" to blue
set the backcolor of grc "rtg" to empty
else if smx < x then
set the backcolor of grc "ltG" to empty
set the backcolor of grc "rtg" to blue
end if

-- same thing for y
if smy > y then
set the backcolor of grc "upG" to blue
set the backcolor of grc "dng" to empty
else if smy < y then
set the backcolor of grc "upG" to empty
set the backcolor of grc "dng" to blue
end if

put x into smx
put y into smy
end mousemove

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:32 AM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode <