Inconsistent comma requirements

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Jun 25 19:42:16 EDT 2017

> On 25 Jun 2017, at 1:37 am, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> How many of you have never before known that commas are optional between definition arguments?

I have seen it before in user scripts but never used it myself. It’s one of those things you discover (like when {} could be used interchangeably with []) that you quickly realise you should never rely on so you forget pretty quickly ;-)

FWIW it actually wouldn’t be _that_ hard to add the ability to specify some syntactic sugar to your handlers and have the parser ignore said sugar:

e.g:

command Foo “with” pBar

end Foo

Foo with pBar

However this is somewhat less than and conflicts with the open language concept so it’s probably best not to consider it too seriously.

Cheers

Monte