DataGrid2 - Improved Graphics Means What - Exactly?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jun 23 01:23:53 EDT 2017

The DataGrid 2 fund raiser is interesting, not so much for the DataGrid; which I don't use;

(Instantiating a small group template multiple times to make a longer grouped control is easy enough and scrolling list fields do the rest, so far there hasn't been a use case yet where Datagrid complexity warranted the ROI on using it. And the helper $ price tag doesn't help adoption. perhaps one day)

Meanwhile…Reading the text of the announcement carefully, still leaves room for wonderment,

What is the scope of the improved graphics rendering? Is It DataGrid only?

What about
1) other long grouped controls that need to scroll as one long group?
2) scrolling fields
3) scrolling list fields

Will they continue to "jitter/jerk" as they move? - that's how our users describe it vs standard mobile object "flow smooth as glass/water"

Does this initiative "cure the jitters"  for all scrolling objects?

BR