RIP Dan Shafer

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jun 22 02:27:06 EDT 2017

On 06/21/2017 08:31 PM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode wrote:
> We lost Dan Shafer yesterday. He did a lot for LiveCode. I’m sure anybody who met him will miss him.
> .Jerry

Oh hell. Just got home and found this.

Dan and Chipp were responsible for getting the user conferences going.
Dan was outspoken and a gadfly - I never knew him to pull his punches,
and was a vehement promoter of xtalk. I still have a working draft 7
copy of the HyperCard Script Language Guide that Dan did for Apple back
in 1987 sitting by my desk. We kept talking about getting together to
catch a Giants game but never quite got around to it.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com