Exploring A Single File Deploy on Windows

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Wed Jun 21 19:21:41 EDT 2017

> On Jun 21, 2017, at 11:31 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Since 8, standalones have loaded their externals on startup - so no script runs before the standalone expects them to be where they should. One way to resolve this is to send a message *before* the externals are bound, allowing the 'spit out' solution to work again by intercepting standaloneSaving / Saved and handling an appropriate message on startup.

I am just working on this problem today. I need to be able to spit out the needed externals before the engine tries to use them. Otherwise I am getting an 'Initialization Error' dialog stating 'failed to load external'.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>
nursenotes.net <http://nursenotes.net/>