Preference for Keeping Saved Empty Button Scripts Empty

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 21 14:18:30 EDT 2017

I like the idea of going even another step further, and having macros that
we can use.  An example from another tool I use adds the ability to add
structures (e.g. if-then-else, repeat, etc.), and even being able to hilite
text and have the macro do something with the text, for example
someContainer is empty

Hilite above, choose the macro (right-clicking or from a button in the
header), choose custom if-then-else macro, and the hilited text is replaced
with

if somecontainer is empty then

else #not (somecontainer is empty)
end if #somecontainer is empty

and on the blank line between the "if" and the "else", the insertion carat
is placed, waiting for the next thing to be added.

Ya know, if we had a crowdfund we could put up a bid for this and already
have the money set aside to assign it...

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <