Preference for Keeping Saved Empty Button Scripts Empty

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jun 21 11:03:46 EDT 2017

Kevin,

Thanks for jumping in, very inspiring work you have all been doing recently. One has to wonder if anyone sleeps in Edinborough!

I've been having a running conversation with Richard on how to make small solutions available to the whole community, in the spirit of "this would make adoption of LC as a platform more tenable."  I had ideas about how to turn that into revenue  for LC company also, But Richard pointed out the I was a bit naïve on ROI (which I was/am)  but that is a different discussion.

Simply put: one can enter google "SQL Query Descending Order" and get 100's of hits with examples.
OR (different context entirely but…_)
Go to the Unity plug in store and find 1000+ plugins (open source) free or from 2.99 to 99.99.

Newbies and even us "old timers" need a leg up on "how to" with

a) examples scripts
b) actual LC native binary stacks as demos.
c) script only behaviors attached to custom controls
     (I'm only getting into this now… awesome potential for "plug-ins)
c) central respository/index of some kind
d) ways we all can contribute.

presently key info is fragmented across.

1) dictionary (no or very few robust examples)
2) API tab
3) on line lessons (many of which are obsolete)
4) answers in the email list
5) forum treads
6) blogs
7) Course (different from on line lessons?)
8) various develop web site where they off there "stuff" for free
9) Rev-online
9) behind paywalls like Global Connect

So, fantastic work you are doing! Indeed, but please consider the "high level" documentation/indexing/global LC knowledge base as important a key feature to develop for the platform as new "deep tech" features.

Brahmanathaswami