Server Installation

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jun 16 18:06:01 EDT 2017

Yeah, not so much. There is a section which talks about modules being installed, and a link which takes me to the Apache.org docs, which by the way says version 2.0 is no longer maintained, and for example the first module mod_cgi tells me what the module does, but gives me no way to install/enable it. Also, I followed the instructions for modifying the Apache2.conf file (I have been jacking my permissions to 777 all over the place just so I could do ANY of this) and now Apache2 will not start. It says there is an error on line 176 (the text editor does not number lines) but I figured out which one it is. It's the one that says Action livecode-script /livecode-cgi/livecode-server. I checked, it's right, which leads me to believe that it's because those modules are not enabled.

If anyone's eyes are bleeding to read this, imagine my pain. All I want is a document telling me how to get Livecode Server up and running on Linux. I mean a document that works. That has everything I need. Otherwise, Livecode Server is a complete bust if attempting to install it locally, unless you are already an Apache Guru.

Bob S