[OT] We should have our own competition

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:03:01 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Oh no, it moved the elevator box to the place where you clicked, which
> meant you had to guess where the thing you were looking for *might* be,
> then take your best shot

Some years ago, when an SE/30 was still a fairly high-end machine, I
managed to break the tip of the picture tube.

Not catastrophic, as I had a staggeringly large, 17" display (1 bit, about
2 feet deep, and about 60 lbs, iirc).

The catch was that the internal display had been the main display, and got
the menus . . .

I had to go fishing with the mouse to bring up the control panel by heading
for upper left, and guessing my pulldown . . . iirc, I knew either where
the panel had last been, or a sliver was haning over the two screens, or
some such.

After a few minutes I actually got it, blindly pulled part onto the big
screen, and used the panel to change the primary screen.

I never did get the fuse fixed (but it *did * throw me across my office
when I reached in to bend the eject tab on the floppy, forgetting for the
moment that the high voltage was on the side of a crt, not the disconnected
tube socket . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462