annoying property editor

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Jun 15 11:41:34 EDT 2017

On 2017-06-15 17:18, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I does not happen for me, tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and 17.04. The
> Property
> Inspector sticks to its current location, and does not move to the
> centre
> of the screen.
>
> Can someone that uses Linux check if this is reproducible?

Sounds like a Linux Window Manager trying to be helpful and really not
being helpful issue to me ;)

Whilst I appreciate the X11 guys (way back when) thinking that 'it
wasn't the job of X11 to determine window management policy'... They
were wrong and made the wrong choice as a result. All it has caused is a
lot of code to have to be written as a result to work around the lack of
a universally accepted and defined policy (well, API actually) - and
when everyone has to write their own code to do basic things, you just
end up with things neither working universally nor correctly :(

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps