Can't Sign App

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Jun 14 18:13:04 EDT 2017

Using LC 8.1.3 (or 8.1.5 or 9.0.0) if I attempt to sign my standalone application using the instructions found here: http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/s/revolution/m/10695/l/112706-signing-an-application, I get this error:

/Users/me/Desktop/MyGreatApp.app: code object is not signed at all
In subcomponent: /Users/me/Desktop/MyGreatApp.app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/revbrowser.bundle

What gives?  Shouldn’t these components come pre-signed?  Do I need to sign LC components as well? (I tried and it failed: “/Users/me/Desktop/MyGreatApp.app.app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/revbrowser.bundle: resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed”)

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

-Dan