"For Young Coders"

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:55:18 EDT 2017

On 6/14/17 8:27 pm, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> Now imagine an LC toy in the app store.

Oh, I'm not going to bother waiting for that; the kids have all been
issued with a CD-ROM containing (among other stuff)
a BBC emulator for the 3 dominant OSes and likewise LiveCode 8.1.4.

On Friday we'll be looking at strings in BASIC and "nibbling" bits from
the LEFT, RIGHT and MID
of strings.

On Monday we'll look at loops.

On Wednesday we'll look at branching (IF . . . THEN).

Next we'll start REPLICATING what we did in BASIC in LiveCode

HOWEVER, many of the kids have either Android phones or Android tablets
and did go "Wow" and "Cowabunga"
(OK, that last one's a lie; the Bulgarian equivalent) when they saw
Beebdroid on a couple of Android tablets I have:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beebdroid

the only slight negative thing about it is that one cannot save programs.

So: Yeeeeesss, a cut-down version (I've banged on with that phrase quiet
a lot for a long time) for tablest
would be "rather jolly".

Richmond.