clipsToRect property (was Re: Instantiaing Grouped Controls - Templates - Responsive)

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jun 13 16:45:43 EDT 2017

Tks Devin for moving this over here.

@ Jacque: OK rignt-- agreed "crop" is wrong.. because, yes, it implies "irrevocably chopping off image data"

But "lock" also has the problem of assuming the loc is locked, which it is not.

How about a word that really is what it does

Constrain rect

Logic: as Mark said "instead of the union of child objects"

Seems like "an act of constraint" to me

and that word is in fact used in discussion about CSS overflow management, which to my mind,  is exactly what is happening here.. effectively setting "overflow" to "hidden," leaving the rect alone

BR