Instantiaing Grouped Controls - Templates - Responsive

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 12 16:20:00 EDT 2017

On 6/12/17 1:19 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>  > 2) I like everything you are describing but I don't get this:
>  > "resizeControl"  is never triggered if the resizeStack is "dormant"
>  > that was my last "problem"  … so, how are we "trigger" the resizeStack
>  > to "fire" when any stack is opened… even if the size doesn't change.
>  >
>  > a) if a stack is 414 X 736, and opens on a device that is 414 X 736
>  > with full screen mode set to showAll… is the resizeStack handler
>  > fired?
>
> Supporting your interest in avoiding theory, I'm compelled to ask: what
> happened when you tried it?

If the stack is the same size as the mobile device screen, there will be
no resizing because the stack already fits.

Maybe a better message to trap in this case would be preOpenControl or
openControl, which is sent to a group the first time it is accessed or
when the card opens, depending on whether it's a background or card group.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com