livecode connect framework

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 9 15:36:17 EDT 2017

D'oh!  Anxious as I was to find the answer to Tom's question I zeroed in
on the URL and off I went.  Thanks.

For others hunting for this here's the description:

     Web-based APIs using the REST model have become the lingua-franca
     for interacting with cloud-based services and the web – indeed, all
     the most popular services we use today use this modal, including
     Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google and Amazon Web Services.

     In this talk Mark will be introducing ‘LiveCode Connect’. A new tool
     which allows almost immediate access to any web API which has joined
     the army of services moving to an abstract description of themselves
     based on the emerging OpenAPI standard.

     He will show how the tool takes the hard work out of interacting
     with popular web platforms; allowing them to be accessed via simple
     commands and functions in a safe, correct and reliable way.

     This new LiveCode feature will be made available to all attendees
     free.

Sounds very exciting, a great way for LC to show its stuff against JS
and Python based tools.

Since "all attendees" includes many who use the GPL-governed Community
Edition, I'm assuming any distributable libraries or code will be
dual-licensed, yes?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems