[ANN] a gauge widget

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri Jun 9 14:46:47 EDT 2017

On 2017-06-09 20:02, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:

Another thing i noticed is that i cannot save the stack when the
widget is placed onto the stack.
I get the following error message:
“Can´t save stack … due to an error: Error writing stack (disk full?)"

That means that the OnSave handler in Bernd's widget is throwing an error in this case I think. What version of LiveCode are you trying the widget in?

The '?' at the end of the error message is important here - it is a suggestion that it *might* be that, but all the save methods in the engine only return a binary state IO_ERROR, or IO_NORMAL - so by the time things unwind back up to where the error can be reported, it can only say it failed.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m... at livecode.com<http://livecode.com> ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Apologies, I did not try to save a stack with the widget. Should have done that, I see the same error in DP6 and 8.1.4 and 8.1.2

But I can not find what I did wrong in onSave. Still searching.

Kind regards
Bernd