Changes to Msg Path from LC 7 to 8?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 8 17:07:28 EDT 2017

On 6/8/17 3:19 PM, tbodine via use-livecode wrote:
> Thanks for the encouragement, Richard. Looks like I'll be doing the "Humility
> Workout" for quite some time.
>
> For future list searchers who might have this same symptom, I found the
> cause: One of my stack level scripts used "theme" as a parameter name, but
> apparently that's a reserved term that is strictly enforced in LC 8.
> Changing that allowed all my stack scripts to run normally.

That's the main reason I preface all variables with a letter, usually
"t" for handler-local variables, "g" for globals, "s" for script-locals,
and "k" for constants. You don't have to use the same letters but those
have pretty much become the standards (some people prefer "c" for
constants, but I use that for custom properties.)

If you adopt a system like this, you'll never have a naming conflict.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com