Rooting around in the Forum: destructors

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 12:46:06 EDT 2017

Not having looked at any sort of "serious" programming language since
about 1989 (I don't think that VB 6 is a serious language),
I find it hard to understand what a destructor is beyond a way to free
memory on a system that has constraints in that area.

HOWEVER: as there is no thing in Livecode having "destrucor" written all
over it in big letters for slow characters
like myself could some one tell me:

1. Does Livecode have something(s) that does the job of a destructor?

2. If so, where is it and so on?

3. If not, why not?

Richmond.