using 7.1.2 engine for CGI work

Chris hyperchris at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 17:31:07 EDT 2017

I need to move my Revolution CGI stuff to a modern server. I copied the
engine from …

   /Applications/LiveCode Community 7.1.2.app/Contents/Tools/Runtime/Mac
OS X/x86-32/Standalone.app/Contents/MacOS/Standalone-Community

and placed it here with permissions set to 755 …

   AEs-Mac-mini:CGI-Executables ae$ ls -l

     -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 ae  admin        96 May 31 17:08 hello
     -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 ae  staff  11305924 Feb 29  2016 lc

I thought to test in terminal (Mac OS 10.12.5 server on Intel) but look
what happened …

   AEs-Mac-mini:CGI-Executables ae$ ./lc hello

      *** INVALID PMObject 0x0. This would crash if we weren't using the
registry. ***
      /Library/Server/Web/Data/CGI-Executables/./lc exiting on signal 11
      Segmentation fault: 11

So now I am in over my head and could use some advice. Can someone point
me in the right direction, please?  Thanks … Chris